Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes: a cheesecake
- 8 ounces (230g) roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup (200g) of sugar
- one dozen vanilla snaps, crushed (or one cup (160g) of graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/4 cup (60g)unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (675g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (140g) sour cream
- 12 ounces (340g) white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C / Gas 4.
2. In a food processor, blender finely chop a little less than half of the nuts with 2 tablespoons of sugar. In a bowl, mix together chopped nuts, cookie crumbs, and butter. Press into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and remaining sugar until well-combined, using an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in one egg at a time until smoooth. Blend in the sour cream and melted white chocolate.
4. Coarsely chop the remaining nuts-you can do this with a knife-and fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over crust.
5. Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes.
6. After baking, immediately turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door cracked open for an hour. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before covering and allowing to chill in the fridge overnight.
If you’re going to get bored while you’re waiting on the cheesecake, you should make this:
Optional Candied Macadamia Nut Topping
- 5 ounces (140g) roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5mL) vanilla