Heaven and Hell Pecans
1/2 cup (50g) powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon (1.95g) salt (Kosher is preferred)
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon (1.3g-1.95g) cayenne pepper (or more, depending on preference)
4 teaspoons (20mL) water
2 cups (300g) pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, salt, cayenne, and water. Stir until well combined. Mix in pecans and coat completely.
3. Put pecans on prepared baking sheet. Try to get them in a single layer.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. Leave nuts on parchment and immediately remove from parchment and transfer to cooling rack or counter top.
6. Allow nuts to cool completely and break apart, if required.
Nuts can be enjoyed solo, best enjoyed with goat cheese or brie.
Currently listening to:
Meshuggah – Obzen