Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Whiskeyyy)
- 12 strips bacon
- drippings from the bacon, chilled (slightly less than 1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (.65g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (.65g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2.6g) salt
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (45g) dark brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons (45-60 mL) Crown Royal Maple or Crown Royal*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (175g) dark chocolate chunks (they’re just better than chips)
1. Using a Makin’ Bacon, cook the bacon until crisp. Cook bacon for 30 seconds to 1 minute per strip. (Depends on your microwave.) Dump fat drippings through strainer into a heat-proof container and chill fat in fridge for about 45 minutes, or until congealed. (“Congealed.” Yum…)
1. If you don’t have a Makin’ Bacon, don’t freak out. Simply cook up the bacon in a sauté pan on the stove until bacon is crisp. Drain the bacon on a paper towel. Strain the fat from the sauté pan into a heat-proof container and let chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes, or until congealed.
2. Preheat your oven to 375°F / 190°C / Gas 5.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. While waiting on bacon fat to chill, sip on some Crown.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter, chilled bacon fat, granulated sugar, brown sugars, and Crown until well combined.
6. Do a shot of Crown. (Duh.)
7. Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture, beating well after you add each one.
8. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
9. Stir in the bacon pieces and chocolate chunks.
10. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and drop about 1″ scoops of dough 2″-3″ apart onto sheets.
11. Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Cookies will keep in the fridge for about a week in an airtight container. You will want to bring them to room temperature before eating.
*If you use original Crown Royal instead of the Maple, use 3 tablespoons of it and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Currently listening to:
Pantera – I’m Broken