Blackberry Jalapeño Whisky Sour
- 4 oz. (113g) blackberries
- 1/16 cup to 1/8 cup (12.5g-25g) sugar*
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, sliced, leave the seeds
- 1.5 oz. (44.5mL) lemon juice
- 1.5 oz. (44.5mL) whisky of choice (I use Crown Royal, duh.)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm blackberries and sugar for about 5 minutes. Bring heat down to low and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes. Take pot off the heat and throw in jalapeño slices. Let syrup cool for about 20 minutes.
2. Strain blackberry-jalapeño syrup through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
3. Put syrup, lemon juice, and whisky in a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes.
4. Shake, strain, serve.
*I make mine with closer to 1/16 cup sugar.
-I am generally a purist when it comes to my Crown, just give it to me straight, but aside from the occasional Black Tooth Grin (or now righteously called The Lemmy), I think this is an acceptable way to party.
-If you don’t like spicy (I feel sorry for you), yes, of course you can leave out the jalapeño.
Currently Listening To:
With Heavy Hearts – Surrender