Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
Start to finish: About an hour
- 2-15 ounce (425g) cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, pat dry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder (if you can’t find it, just use extra paprika and cayenne)
- Preheat oven to 400º / 200°C / Gas 6. Toss the chickpeas with oil and seasoning.
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single-layer and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. You’ll want to shake the sheet a couple times while they’re in the oven to give them an even cook.
Currently Listening To:
Crowbar – The Cemetery Angels