Latin Roasted Potatoes
Makes about 4 side servings
Start to finish: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds (about 900g) potatoes, skin on, scrubbed, chopped*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon chili, ancho, or chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped (the rougher, the better)
- 1 pint (about 300g) cherry or San Marzano tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (more to taste), chopped
- juice of quarter lime, or about one tablespoon
- avocado / guacamole, lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 220° C / Gas 7.
- In a bowl, mix together oil through black pepper. Toss in potatoes and onions. Spread evenly on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper if you’re a lazy fuck like me). Bake for 25 minutes, giving the pan a shake halfway through.
- Carefully mix in tomatoes and watch it go (!) for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dump in bowl; toss with lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve with avocado/guacamole and lime wedges if you’re awesome.
*Fingerlings are best. If you use them, just wash and cut in half lengthwise.
Currently Listening To:
Masacre – Sacro (Full Album)