Chewy Ass Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 29 cookies
Start to finish: About 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup (169g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons (22mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) salt
- 1.75 cups (326g) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat over to 325°F / 165°C / Gas 3. Prepare your baking sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and yolk until the mixture starts to become creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the bowl with your butter/sugar/egg mix, just until mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches/5 centimeters apart. (I use a tablespoon /.5 oz / #70 scoop.)
- Bake 15 minutes, or until preferred done-ness. Remove from oven and cool.
Currently listening to:
ÆTHER REALM – The Magician