Makes: about 6 servings
Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 1-15 oz. can (425g) of garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 hothouse cucumber, seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise, and chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) sliced pepperoncini (or banana peppers)
- 1/4 cup (30g) olives (your choice), chopped
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade*
- 10 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz. (225g) feta, diced (If you can only find the gross, over-processed gummy kind where you live, just leave it out, trust me.)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients from garbanzos to green onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
3. Pour dressing over garbanzo mixture. Toss in feta and serve. To avoid yuck mush, eat within two days.
Vegan? Leave out the feta. Need some meat? Throw in tuna or grilled chicken.
*Chiffonade = stack leaves, roll them, and slice thinly.
Currently Listening To: